Five Advantages Of Selecting A 3PL Company Located In New York
Choosing the right warehouse solution is crucial since a poorly managed or isolated warehouse could drive costs up and make it difficult to provide your customers with a great experience. The location of your warehouse impacts the cost of having inventory delivered and of shipping products, which is why you need to carefully consider your options.
Selecting a location on the East Coast would provide you with easy access to a huge market, without mentioning proximity to main industrial and transportation hubs.
Here is why you should consider a 3PL solution located in New York:
- The state of New York is by far one of the most populated areas of the country. Your warehouse would be near several large cities, including New York City itself, Albany, New Rochelle, Rochester, Syracuse and Mount Vernon just to name a few. With a total population of 19,378,102 as of 2010, the state of New York represents a huge market. Being near New York City and its population density of 27,012 people per square mile would open a huge market for your business!
- Being located in New York gives you immediate access to a large market but also means you are near main transportation axes. The CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern railroads run through the state, which means you would be conveniently located to receive deliveries of raw materials from anywhere in the Eastern U.S. This would greatly reduce the cost of transporting these raw materials from the railroad to your facility.
- Did you know that 32 interstate freeways go through the state of New York? And with the rich network of auxiliary roads that run in and out of New York city and throughout the state, you would have easy access to any supplier or delivery solution. Being near this huge network of freeways allows you to save on transportation and delivery besides reducing delivery time for your customers.
- Being near the port of New Jersey is another advantage to consider. During 2014, 3,342,286 cargo containers went through the port of New Jersey, which represents 30% of all cargo traffic on the East Coast. This is one of the busiest hubs in the country and choosing a warehouse located a few miles away from the port will help you save time and money if you receive containers from overseas or want to start exporting your products.
- New York is and always has been a central hub for the country’s economy. Local 3PL services provide competitive warehouse solutions to a wide range of businesses and have to stay up to date with the best warehouse management practices and technologies. You will not find the same level of professionalism and experience anywhere else in the country and your operations will greatly benefit from it. You will also have access to a wide selection of facilities and locations throughout the state of New York due to the many industrial and commercial zones available in the area.
3PL Companies in Long Island, New York City, Albany, Syracuse, and Buffalo Are Most Popular
Of course the most popular areas in New York for locating a 3PL provider are NYC (New York City) and Long Island due their close proximity to massive population density, followed by Syracuse and Buffalo due to proximity to Canada, as well as Albany.
These are the main advantages of relying on a New York 3PL solution for your warehouse needs. However, the best warehouse solution and location depends on the unique needs of your business and on your projects for the future.
We offer a warehouse screening service and can match you with the most relevant 3PL solution for your unique needs, whether you are interested in the East Coast or would like to consider other locations. Contact us and we will help you assess your unique needs and provide you with some possible matches in the New York area if you decide to take advantage of the many benefits the East Coast has to offer to businesses like yours!